The Wurley Series tents are tough, practical, and liveable the workhorse (or work tents) of our range. Favoured by outdoor professionals for school, industrial and fleet use.
Designed for ease of use, and reliable performance. With exceptional construction quality and high-end material choices giving unparalleled durability and longevity.
Incorporating practical features like our hook-and-key connection system, colour coding and symmetrical shaping, its simplicity caters to entry-level adventurers and young people alike.
Excellent ventilation, wide entrances, big vestibules and straight zips. They Wurley Series sets the stage for a lifetime of successful outdoor trips.
- Generous interior space with enough room for four young people or three high school students outdoor education students to sit up, move about and relax in bad weather.
- Full nylon inner is warm, cosy and naturally manages condensation – well suited to all-season use
- Symmetrical, square design allows poles and fly to attach to inner at either end for fast, intuitive set-up.
- Two spacious vestibules easily store gear and large-capacity bushwalking rucksacks.
- Pressfit 9.5 mm diameter poles in the body and 11.1 mm for the ridge. Designed in a cross-pole structure (Troublesome structural pole hubs have been eliminated, creating to make a fundamentally stronger tent with easy set up)
- The ridge pole is designed to overhang the bathtub floor, creating a protective alcove to stops drips from rolling off the fly into the tent – ideal for kids
- Ventilation vents have steep access to allow air flow but not wind-driven rain. Whilst large micromesh mesh windows in the door ensure you can temperature and condensation within the tent.
- The no-sag polyester fly has exceptional UV resistance and longevity, Factory seam sealed with a high waterhead perfect for a four-season shelter. Reinforced seams help manage snow loading and high winds.
- A thick, robust and highly 210 denier floor with waterproof polyether urethane coating (PeU) leads the industry in performance and longevity.
- Colour coding: each model’s poles, inner logo, fly logo and bags are coded with the same colour, making organisation easy in both the bush and the gear shed.
Intended use: outdoor education, bushwalking, camping
Capacity: 3 people
Fly material: 75 D polyester, factory seam sealed with 1500 mm water head and sil/PU coating
Floor material: 210 D PeU-coated polyester with a 5000 mm water head
Floor configuration: rectangular
Poles: Pressfit 9.5 mm (body); 11.1 mm (ridge)
Colour coding: yellow
Zips: YKK #10 on the fly, #8 on the inner door, YKK
Attachment between poles, inner and fly: Hook and Key system, DAC twist clip
Guy lines: 4 x reflective guy lines with reflective tab, with storage pockets
Pegs: 8 x hardened alloy hook style
Our iconic Outdoor Education Blue Series tents are named after the colour of their awesome fly material. This 75-denier polyester fabric has sil/PU coating, a 1500 mm water head, and is seam sealed in the factory. We use this material for its fantastic UV resistance and longevity. Our flies are incredibly durable and excel in all conditions, holding taut in wind and rain without sagging, keeping you safe and dry.
The Outdoor Education series tents are designed to withstand years of harsh use. Our bathtub floors use 210-denier, PeU-coated polyester with huge 5000-millimetre water head. The Polyether Urethane (PeU) coating is ideal for rugged tent floors as it doesn’t wet out and is resistant to mould, mildew and hydrolysis. Designed for Australian conditions, they’re ready to use in the wet and snowy, rocky and rough, damp and muddy – the harsh and varied environments we love to explore.
RECTANGULAR & SPACIOUS
Rectangular: honest and fair. The symmetrical designs aid easy (and fast!) pitching as the flies can be put on in any direction. Designed with students in mind, our Blue Series have big vestibules (for pack storage and easy entrance/exit) and spacious squared interiors (to fit any sleeping mat). Combined they improve comfort and freedom in journey-based programs. A home away from home.
Pressfit poles are defined by their unique durability and ingenious design: During construction, the connecting inserts are pressed into each segment with the highest precision, a method that creates a more robust and reliable pole: well suited to the rigours of outdoor education. We thick diameters (9.5 mm across the body of the tent and 11.1 mm on the ridge poles) as the thicker selected diameter contributes to pole reliability, solidity of structure, and overall tent integrity.
The ONE PLANET® key-and-hook system for connecting the tent fly, inner and poles is designed to be simple and durable. The flat metal key fits neatly into the base of the tent poles while the metal alloy hooks easily attach. This is an elegant, reliable solution for outdoor education that we’ve been using for years, and it is virtually unbreakable, even when stepped on.
We choose oversized #10 YKK zips because they’re durable and long lasting. These zips are extremely durable, with each zip tooth reliably thick – the zip is less likely to get clogged with dirt, catch or snag. We use straight zips to reduce wear and to allow the easy replacement of sliders (they’re designed to wear out before the teeth). Dual sliders on doors allow easy opening from either side.
Our Wurley series uses a cross-pole system for unparalleled strength-to-weight, profiled aerodynamic structure, and ease of setup. The three poles cross at the peak providing rigidity while maximising internal height. The freestanding design is no slouch: the inner and fly are held taut and separate. By eliminating structural hubs we keep the form simple, giving maximum strength and aerodynamic shaping that gives confidence in powerful, gusty winds.
HARDENED ALLOY PEGS
ONE PLANET© tent pegs look classic, but simple genius is hard to come by. The hardened alloy construction gives these 16 centimetre beauties incredible tensile strength while keeping them lightweight. The curved hook is soft in your hand so you can push them in easily without hurting your palm. They hold securely overnight and are easy to spot – they’re anodised bright red – and are easy to pull out the next morning.
OUTDOOR EDUCATION DESIGN
We developed our Blue Series of Outdoor Education tents to be simple and intuitive to pitch, strong in all conditions and tough enough to endure teenage use. They’ve become the workhorses (or work tents) of the industry. Colour coding on the poles, inners, flies and bags keeps organisation easy, while componentry that is backwards compatible ensures spares are always available. The range is true to its design philosophy and is still built from the best available materials.
SERVICING YOUR SLEEPING BAG
We know that when you look after your sleeping bag, it will reward you with years of comfort and performance. At our factory in Melbourne we service your gear through repairs, professional washing, DWR reapplication, and more.. visit our servicing and repairs page.