- EXACT FIT harness is endorsed by the CPAA (Chiropractors’ Association of Australasia)
- Our frames are made from high-grade, hardened aluminium, channelled to increase rigidity and hand-bent in Melbourne
- 500-denier Cordura® nylon is lightweight and highly abrasion-resistant, with a water-resistant PU coating on the inside
- Double-stitched binding for increased seam durability
- Reinforced double-layered base increases abrasion resistance, providing excellent durability
- Single-entry, top-loading system is classic for a reason – it just works
- Front pocket made from four-way stretch Cordura® is perfect for stashing on-the-go gear
- Non-crack nylon buckles are strong and reliable, chosen for superior durability. They bend rather than break
- We choose larger YKK zips for a lifetime of reliability
- Floating lid is a secure, robust top compartment for easy access to essential items and allows extension for extra space
- Underlid pocket is discreet and accessible, ideal for valuables and must-have items
- Handy clip in the top pocket makes it easy to find your keys
- The double-layered throat has a drawcord and barrel lock for easy compression and secure closure
- Internal compression straps under the lid secure gear and create a natural cavity: an ideal space for broad-brimmed hats
- Built-in whistle in the sternum strap for emergencies
- The ONE PLANET attachment system allows you to easily attach back-country toys and technical gear
- Side pockets at the base of the rucksack body increase versatility, packability and durability by reinforcing high-wear areas
- Side compression straps allow you to compress your bag, keeping the weight close to your body. Side-release buckles allow the easy attachment of technical equipment
- Webbing keepers stop your main compression straps from dangling in the mud
- Large external water bottle pockets are low and within reach, allowing easy access and ergonomic weight distribution
- Internal loop for securing your hydration bladder, thread your hydration hose out the button-hole exit in the pack throat and choose your preferred side
- Choose from our range of add-ons to extend your options, increase organisation and personalise your set-up
- Made in Melbourne, along with all our rucksacks
Intended use: bushwalking
Harness: EXACT FIT
Back lengths: short medium long
Capacity (L): 60 65 70
Weight (kg): 2.1 (medium)
Material: 500-denier Cordura® nylon body
Access: single access with top-loading entry
Front pocket: Yes (Cordura® stretch)
Water bottle pockets: two
Hydration compatible: yes (internal loop for bladder and central button-hole hose exit)
Floating lid: yes (expands capacity)
Lid pockets: two (external and internal)
Key clip: yes (in top pocket)
Emergency whistle: yes (on sternum strap)
Compression straps: two on each side with side-release buckles; single side-release buckle on internal throat
Attachment points: haul loop, ice axes, keys, mat, poles, stakes
Add-ons: hipbelt pocket, trash & treasure
EXACT FIT HARNESS
The EXACT FIT harness is the go-to for multi-day bushwalking, comfortably carrying ten to 30 kilograms. Endorsed by the CPAA (Chiropractors’ Association of Australasia), it’s available in four standard sizes for men and four standard sizes for women, allowing for an exact fit for your physique. An industry benchmark, it is designed for comfortable and healthy load carrying, and is the ideal choice for on- and off-track adventures.
A good harness is the foundation of every rucksack: when you load up and head off you’ll agree! Our laminated three-layer foam delivers solid support, plush comfort and a breathable contact area, with protective treatment against bacteria and rot. Our hardened aluminium frames are hand-bent, strong and light for efficiently transferring load to the lumbar pad, with channelling to increase rigidity. The double-back hipbelt contours to your body, providing support and easy fit.
DON'T SWEAT IT
We’ve combined practical understanding of bushwalking and clever design to maximise ventilation and manage moisture. There are three essential contact areas on our harnesses – both shoulders and the lower lumbar – to allow healthy carrying. Air mesh lets air flow through harness foams, while space around the spine increases natural ventilation. The secure fit allows uninhibited movement of non-contact areas, improving harness comfort when walking and scrambling. Don’t sweat it.
Cordura® nylon can handle the rough and tumble of prickly situations. The fabric has high abrasion- and tear resistance, an excellent strength-to-weight ratio, and fantastic yarn strength bolstering durability. Water-resistance is a high priority and we leave nothing to chance, blade-coating the fabric with polyurethane in a triple-pass process. The rucksack body uses light, smooth, reliable fabric weights, with higher abrasion-resistance 750-denier used as the second and external base layer.
The floating lid and double-layered throat are designs born of experience. The lid is attached with straps, allowing extension to give 5-10 litres of extra capacity when needed: for water runs, helping mates or the start of a long multi-day trip. Functionality and comfort combine: cinch the internal compression-strap tight to create room for a broad-brimmed hat. There is also an externally-accessed pocket with key clip and a discrete internal pocket.
STRETCH FRONT POCKET
This neat pocket allows easy stashing of spare layers, first aid or scroggin without opening your rucksack. Made from reliable four-way stretch Cordura® nylon, it’s designed to stay taut and tidy against the body of the pack. A snug top-compression strap keeps the pocket secure and prevents your gear from snagging on branches.
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
We’ve got this game stitched up! Quality threads, twin needles, bar tacks for reinforcement and strength. Non-crack nylon buckles that bend rather than break. Durable, chunky YKK zips. The water-resistant webbing used on load-carrying straps means you won’t be given the slip. We consider every detail, creating big differences in use.
WATER BOTTLE POCKETS
Water is critical, and never far from a bushwalkers’ mind. Our generously-cut bottle pockets are low and handy, making water accessible and putting weight close to your back for ergonomic load carrying. Perfect for bottles of all sizes, they also have a drain hole, preventing your pockets becoming buckets when it’s raining cats and dogs.
MADE IN MELBOURNE
We keep it pretty simple. We take what we’ve learnt over the last 40 years and use it to make the best gear we can for antipodean adventures. ONE PLANET is more than a name: it’s a commitment to making products the right way, from fabric to construction. All rucksack design is done and manufacturing happens in our Melbourne factory.