- The 2 mm full-grain leather softens over time and partially moulds to your foot shape, creating a personalised fit
- Constructed using a multi-layer approach, the Vast maximises all-day comfort with high- and mid-density cushioning, targeted impact protection and rugged defence from protrusions
- Designed for walking on tracks and trails, the light yet stiff shank and solid, reliable Vibram ® sole combine to provide structure and stability
- The Vibram tread gives maximum grip on all terrain from mud to shale, loose dirt to rock. Self-cleaning lugs give optimum performance – mud and ice don’t get caught
- Two-part water resistance: a lining made from a 3-layer membrane,complemented by a water-resistant, durable leather outer
- A lightweight, breathable lining helps to keep feet cool and comfortable, protecting the Synapse® membrane
- Tongue is gusseted and stitched in, keeping debris and water out but remaining in place for a snug fit
- Padded tongue and tongue shield lets you firmly tighten the laces while feeling cushioned and comfortable
- Easy-tighten lacing for fast, firm fitting
- Heel pull-loops help get boots on easily
- The moulded toe bumper takes the scrapes and impacts, while the inner toe-cap protects toes from rough knocks
- Orthotic friendly: we use a removable, replaceable footbed
- Designed for use with ONE PLANET gaiters
Weight: 480 g ^
Upper material: 2 mm full-grain nubuck leather
Water-resistant/breathable lining: 3-layer membrane
Shank: lightweight, rigid and full length
Footbed: zoned cushion and impact protection with removable/replaceable inner sole
Sole: Vibram® dual-density sole
Lacing: easy-tighten lace structure
Tread type: all-terrain, all-weather grip
^ weight of one shoe (size 42’)
Finding your size
How to determine your shoe size:
- Put on hiking socks
- Place the back of your heel against a wall
- Measure the length of your foot
- Check measurement against the size chart. Done!
Note: if you choose to upsize, the boot may be too big and you may need to wear an extra pair of socks.
|Foot size (wearing socks) mm||231||237||243||249||256||262||268||274||280||286||292||298||304|
DAY IN, DAY OUT
ONE PLANET shoes are happy on tracks and trails, streets and boardwalks. We select components for comfort and support on day walks and multi-day journeys. A firm heel cup secures the foot, preventing lateral movement. The sole’s stiffened shank generates an in-motion transfer of energy from the heel to the forefoot, removing excess flex and reducing fatigue, particularly on rough, uneven ground.
Bushwalkers know that gaiters are essential: there are snakes on sunny tracks, windblown sand, deep snow, mud and grassy plains to tackle. ONE PLANET footwear is built to work with gaiters. There are under-arch gaps in the Vibram soles to allow secure fitting of gaiter straps, reducing wear by minimising contact between the under-boot strap and the ground. The lower lace section is the perfect home for your gaiter’s front hook.
TWO PART WATERPROOFING
ONE PLANET boots and shoes take a dual approach to managing moisture and all-weather comfort. The upper materials are selected for their resistance to weather, ability to be repeatedly reproofed, and superb durability and lifespan. The inner is lined with our Synapse® breathable/waterproof membrane, helping to keep weather out while maintaining happy feet.
TRUST THE GRIP!
Vibram soles have a well-deserved reputation for reliable grip, high-quality construction and durability. After a 1935 accident in the Italian Alps, Vitale Bramani (Vibram – get it?) developed an innovative sole using rubber lugs that he called ‘carrarmato’, meaning ‘tank tread’. We choose Vibram for their integrity and proven ability to construct soles with long-lasting, grippy tread.
LACING AND FITTING
We’ve considered every detail, right down to the laces: we know that firmly laced, locked-off shoes will keep your foot securely in position, reducing fatigue as the day wears on. ONE PLANET shoes are laced up over a gusseted, well-padded tongue, which stays put and stops stuff from sifting in to where it’s not welcome.
Walk for hours, days, weeks – repeat, through endurance we conquer. Built from the ground up, every component of our footwear is selected with purpose in mind, from the industry-leading Vibram soles, rigid shanks, hard-wearing uppers and ‘bullbar protection’ of our toe-caps. Designed to be easy clean, , if you look after your boots, they will look after you.