- EXACT FIT Mid harness is available in three sizes and one back length, making it comfortable for a huge range of bodies
- Our frames are made from high-grade, hardened aluminium, channelled to increase rigidity and hand-bent in Melbourne
- Diamondloc fabric is lightweight and highly water- and abrasion resistant: it can take the bumps and scrapes of everyday walking
- Double-stitched binding for increased seam durability
- Reinforced double-layered base increases abrasion resistance, providing excellent durability
- The floating floor sits flush when not in use, allowing it to be packed as a single-entry rucksack
- Single-entry, top-loading system is classic for a reason – it just works
- A large front pocket (with larger, water-resistant side zip) gives easy access to important gear, even with equipment attached (skis, poles, crampons and more…)
- Non-crack nylon buckles are strong and reliable, chosen for superior durability. They bend rather than break
- Floating lid is a secure, robust top compartment for easy access to essential items and allows extension for extra space
- Underlid pocket is discreet and accessible, ideal for valuables and must-have items
- Handy clip in the top pocket makes it easy to find your keys
- The double-layered throat has a drawcord and barrel lock for easy compression and secure closure
- Internal compression straps under the lid secure gear and create a natural cavity: an ideal space for broad-brimmed hats
- Built-in whistle in the sternum strap for emergencies
- The ONE PLANET attachment system allows you to attach back-country toys and technical gear easily
- Side pockets at the base of the rucksack body increase versatility, packability and durability by reinforcing high-wear areas
- Side compression straps allow you to compress your bag, keeping the weight close to your body. Side-release buckles allow the easy attachment of technical equipment
- Webbing keepers stop your main compression straps from dangling in the mud
- Large external water bottle pockets are low and within reach, allowing easy access and ergonomic weight distribution
- Internal loop for securing your hydration bladder
- Thread your hydration hose out the button-hole exit in the pack throat and choose your preferred side
- Add an optional hydration bladder insert to keep your bladder protected and secure
- Choose from our range of add-ons to extend your options, increase organisation and personalise your set-up
- All ONE PLANET rucksacks are made in Melbourne
Intended use: bushwalking, daywalking
Harness: EXACT FIT Mid
Capacity (L): 60
Weight (kg): 1.5
Access: single access with top-loading entry
Front pocket: yes
Water bottle pockets: two
Hydration compatible: yes (internal loop for bladder and button-hole hose exit)
Floating lid: yes (expands capacity)
Lid pockets: two (external and internal)
Key clip: yes (in top pocket)
Emergency whistle: yes (on sternum strap)
Compression straps: two on each side with side-release buckles; single side-release buckle on internal throat
Attachment points: haul loops, ice axes, keys, mat, poles, skis, stakes
Add-ons: hipbelt pocket, pack inserts, trash & treasure
EXACT FIT MID HARNESS
The EXACT FIT Mid is a lightweight harness that offers serious support, with a Goldilocks carrying capability of between 5 and 20 kilograms. It’s available in fits for both men and women across three sizes, with interchangeable hipbelts and shoulder straps allowing a personalised fit. The EXACT FIT Mid is the harness of choice for overnight trips and lightweight adventures.
A good harness is the foundation of every rucksack: when you load up and head off you’ll agree! Our laminated three-layer foam delivers solid support, plush comfort and a breathable contact area, with protective treatment against bacteria and rot. Our hardened aluminium frames are hand-bent, strong and light for efficiently transferring load to the lumbar pad, with channelling to increase rigidity. The double-back hipbelt contours to your body, providing support and easy fit.
DON'T SWEAT IT
We’ve combined practical understanding of bushwalking and clever design to maximise ventilation and manage moisture. There are three essential contact areas on our harnesses – both shoulders and the lower lumbar – to allow healthy carrying. Air mesh lets air flow through harness foams, while space around the spine increases natural ventilation. The secure fit allows uninhibited movement of non-contact areas, improving harness comfort when walking and scrambling. Don’t sweat it
When rucksack weight is a priority, we use Diamondloc. Weighing a paltry 165 g/m2, it uses a 210-denier nylon reinforced with a grid of UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) to create unparalleled strength for weight and incredible tear resistance. Diamondloc is finished with a blade-coated polyurethane waterproof coating on the inside and a DWR water-shedding treatment on the outside. Diamondloc is perfect for lighter, faster, shinier adventures both on- and off track.
The floating lid and double-layered throat are designs born of experience. The lid is attached with straps, allowing extension to give 5-10 litres of extra capacity when needed: for water runs, helping mates or the start of a long multi-day trip. Functionality and comfort combine: cinch the internal compression-strap tight to create room for a broad-brimmed hat. There is also an externally-accessed pocket with key clip and a discrete internal pocket.
SIDE-OPENING FRONT ZIP
This functional design is born from experience. Designed to ensure complete pocket access when technical gear is attached, the large side-opening front pocket allows for versatile packing and effective organisation of equipment. The water-resistant #8 zip is positioned and straight-stitched to improve longevity and ease-of-closure, while the storm shield is shaped to close, protecting from the elements. Neat and streamlined, this pocket design enhances useability in every season.
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
We’ve got this game stitched up! Quality threads, twin needles, bar tacks for reinforcement and strength. Non-crack nylon buckles that bend rather than break. Durable, chunky YKK zips. The water-resistant webbing used on load-carrying straps means you won’t be given the slip. We consider every detail, creating big differences in use.
WATER BOTTLE POCKETS
Water is critical, and never far from a bushwalkers’ mind. Our generously-cut bottle pockets are low and handy, making water accessible and putting weight close to your back for ergonomic load carrying. Perfect for bottles of all sizes, they also have a drain hole, preventing your pockets becoming buckets when it’s raining cats and dogs.
MADE IN MELBOURNE
We keep it pretty simple. We take what we’ve learnt over the last 40 years and use it to make the best gear we can for antipodean adventures. ONE PLANET is more than a name: it’s a commitment to making products the right way, from fabric to construction. All rucksack design is done and manufacturing happens in our Melbourne factory.