- Upper is made from polyester/cotton canvas (52/48) 505 gsm with excellent yarn strength and breathability.
- Lower cuff is double layered: 750 D Cordura® nylon outer, and 500 D Cordura® nylon inner – both selected for high abrasion resistance and performance with a flexible comfortable fit.
- Cut wider than average to enable easy fitting – ideal for young people and beginners. The gaiters are naturally quite stiff, standing tall to give good ventilation.
- Adjustable drawcord at the top allows easy fastening of the gaiter to keep debris and rain out.
- Top cuff is lined with smooth, soft fabric for next-to-skin comfort and easy movement.
- 40 mm hook-and-loop closure on front panel is the perfect width for adding stiffness and shin protection while allowing flexibility.
- Press-stud at bottom is set low for secure closure.
- Hook is positioned low on the gaiter’s interior for secure attachment to laces.
- Low-profile stainless steel buckle on under-boot strap gives slim fit for uninhibited walking.
- TPU laminated under-boot strap has a firm, secure hold, doesn’t pickup mud, or ball with ice.
- Colour-coding used on size tags allows simple organisation of gear fleets.
- Made in Melbourne using Australian Made canvas
Intended use: all-season bushwalking, outdoor education
Sizes: K8, K10, K12, XS, S, M, L, XL,XXL
Fit: unisex, wider cut
Weight (g): 320 a pair (M)
Material: canvas upper, 750 D nylon cuff
Understrap: 15mm wide TPU laminated webbing, replaceable
The wearing of gaiters reduces the risk from snake bites. As there is no current Australian Standard for gaiter design, we make no guarantees with respect to the same.
|Snake Gaiter Size||K8 (XXXXS)||K10 (XXXS)||K12 (XXS)||XS||S||M||L||XL||XXL|
|EU Shoe Size||30-32||32-34||34-36||36-37||38-41||42-44||45-46||47-48||48+|
|US (Male) Shoe Size||–||–||–||–||5.5-8||8.5-10.5||11-12.5||13-14||15+|
|US (Female) Shoe Size||–||–||4-5||5.5-7||7.5-9||9.5+||–||–||–|
|US (Kids) Shoe Size||12-13||1-2||2.5-3.5||4-5||5.5+||–||–||–||–|
|Top circumference (cm)||36||38||43||44||45||46||48||52||57|
|Height of gaiter (cm)*||30||32||35||35.5||38||39||41.5||42.5||43|
*Height not including adjustable under strap.
Well-fitting gaiters should sit snugly around the body of your boots to stop water and mud migrating up into your socks. To fit, first get the correct size. Then:
- Starting at the back, wrap a gaiter around your calf.
- Ensure the under-boot strap sits neatly in your instep and tighten to remove looseness. This will help to keep out water, debris and muck.
- Fasten the front hook to your laces.
- Securely fasten the hook-and-loop closure on the front of the shin.
- Repeat for other gaiter.
The upper is made from 500 gsm cotton canvas: it’s tough, durable and has good breathability. It brushes off the sticks, scrub and even snakes of an adventurous bushwalk, making it the perfect material for gaiters. The 750 denier Cordura® nylon used on the gaiters’ base gives excellent abrasion resistance and strength in a lightweight material. The two fabrics work together beautifully to create a heavy-duty tough-as set.
ONE PLANET gaiters are built for hard tracks. They are designed to give protection while allowing freedom of movement. The low-profile buckle on our under-boot strap is specifically designed to sit slim and secure while avoiding snags. It’s one of the many tiny but important details that will be appreciated in South-west Tassie (or the North Prom!), on snow-filled plains, soft sand and rutted tracks.
DESIGNED FOR OUTDOOR ED
These gaiters are designed to work, last well and be easy to clean. They suit a range of footwear, from bulky boots to runners, making them perfect for use in school-hire fleets. Made in Melbourne from Australian-made canvas, they are go-to classics for outdoor education. They’re colour-coded by size to make both fitting and gear-shed organisation easy.