- Upper is made from 505 gsm polyester/cotton canvas (52/48) with excellent yarn strength, waterproofness and breathability.
- Lower cuff is reinforced with highly abrasion-resistant yet flexible 750 D Cordura® nylon.
- There are specific left and right gaiters, so the opening is always protected from sticks and snags.
- Fitted, long gaiters give maximum protection and knee length coverage.
- Shaped to sit low on the boot to keep out debris, water and muck.
- Adjustable 15 mm webbing and alloy C-clip give a secure top closure.
- Top cuff is lined with smooth, soft fabric for next-to-skin comfort and easy movement.
- 40 mm hook-and-loop closure on front panel is the perfect width for adding stiffness and shin protection while allowing flexibility
- Selective double stitching providing durability in key locations.
- Press-stud gives secure closure at the gaiter’s base.
- Hook is positioned low on the gaiter’s interior for secure attachment to laces.
- Low-profile buckle on under-boot strap prevents problems when walking in ruts and mud.
- Under-boot strap can be easily adjusted to provide a tight, personalised fit. (Cut off excess once correctly sized and fitted.)
- The TPU under-boot strap has a firm, secure hold, doesn’t pickup mud, or ball with ice.
- All stitching is strong, durable Coates thread.
- Double-stitched front opening.
- Made in Melbourne using Australian-made canvas.
Intended use: protective wear in the back country
Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL
Fit: unisex left and right gaiters, well fitted
Weight (g): 360 a pair (M)
Material: canvas upper, two-layer Cordura® nylon cuff
Understrap: 15mm wide TPU laminated webbing, replaceable
The wearing of gaiters reduces the risk from snake bites. As there is no current Australian Standard for gaiter design, we make no guarantees with respect to the same.
US (Male) Shoe Size-5.5-88.5-10.511-12.513+
|RFG Gaiter Size||XS||S||M||L||XL|
|EU Shoe Size||36-37||38-41||42-44||45-47||47+|
|US (Male) Shoe Size||–||5.5-8||8.5-10.5||11-12.5||13+|
|US (Female) Shoe Size||5.5-7||7.5-9||9.5+||–||–|
|US (Kids) Shoe Size||4-5||5.5+||–||–||–|
|Top circumference (cm)||43.5||44||45||46.5||47.5|
|Height of gaiter (cm)*||36||38||40||41||43|
*Height not including adjustable under strap.
Gaiters should sit snugly around the body of your boots to stop water and mud migrating . To fit, first, get the correct side. Then:
- Identify the left and right gaiters. The front opening should face the inside of the leg, with the top buckle on the inner side.
- Starting at the back, wrap a gaiter around your calf.
- Ensure the under-boot strap sits neatly in your instep and tighten to remove looseness. This will help to keep out water, debris and muck. (Once you have fitted your RFG gaiters, you can cut off excess strap, leaving a few centimetres above the buckle and then heat-sealing the ends.)
- Fasten the front hook to your laces as close to the toe as possible.
- Securely fasten the hook-and-loop closure on the front of the shin.
- Repeat for other gaiter.
The upper is made from 500 gsm cotton canvas: it’s tough, durable and has good breathability. It brushes off the sticks, scrub and reduces risk of injury on an adventurous bushwalk, making it the perfect material for gaiters. The 750 denier Cordura® nylon used on the gaiters’ base gives excellent abrasion resistance and strength in a lightweight material. The two fabrics work together beautifully to create a heavy-duty tough-as set.
ONE PLANET gaiters are built for hard tracks. They are designed to give protection while allowing freedom of movement. The low-profile buckle on our under-boot strap is specifically designed to sit slim and secure while avoiding snags. It’s one of the many tiny but important details that will be appreciated in South-west Tassie (or the North Prom!), on snow-filled plains, soft sand and rutted tracks.
Left and right
The RFG are designed to keep brush, mud and debris out at all times, even when pushing through harsh scrub. These gaiters have been refined during years of walking through the Aussie bush, and they’re built to withstand antipodean conditions. Each pair has a left and right gaiter: the hook-and-loop closure on the front openings to the outside of your leg, while the C-clip top buckle keeps the closure secure.