- EXACT FIT Mid harness is compact and lightweight, a smaller version of our original EXACT FIT bushwalking harness
- Our frames are made from high-grade, hardened aluminium, channelled to increase rigidity and hand-bent in Melbourne
- Diamondloc fabric is lightweight and highly water- and abrasion resistant: it can take the bumps and scrapes of everyday walking
- Double-stitched binding for increased seam durability
- Reinforced double-layered base increases abrasion resistance, providing excellent durability
- Front pocket made of four-way stretch Cordura® mesh is perfect for stashing gear
- Non-crack nylon buckles are strong and reliable, chosen for superior durability. They bend rather than break
- Underlid pocket is discreet and accessible, ideal for valuables and must-have items
- Handy clip in the top pocket makes it easy to find your keys
- The double-layered throat has a drawcord and barrel lock for easy compression and secure closure
- Internal compression straps under the lid secure gear and create a natural cavity: an ideal space for broad-brimmed hats
- Built-in whistle in the sternum strap for emergencies
- The ONE PLANET attachment system allows you to attach back-country toys and technical gear easily
- Side pockets at the base of the rucksack body increase versatility, packability and durability by reinforcing high-wear areas
- Side compression straps allow you to compress your bag, keeping the weight close to your body. Side-release buckles allow the easy attachment of technical equipment
- Webbing keepers stop your main compression straps from dangling in the mud
- Large external water bottle pockets are low and within reach, allowing easy access and ergonomic weight distribution
- Internal loop for securing your hydration bladder, choose your preferred side for hydration by threading your hose out the button-hole exits in pack throat
- Choose from our range of add-ons to extend your options, increase organisation and personalise your set-up
- All ONE PLANET rucksacks are made in Melbourne
Intended use: bushwalking, day and a half, day walking, professional educators
Harness: EXACT FIT Mid
Capacity (L): 50
Weight (kg): 1.45
Access: single access with top-loading entry
Front pocket: yes (Cordura® four-way stretch mesh)
Water bottle pockets: two
Hydration compatible: yes (internal loop for bladder and button-hole hose exit on left and right shoulder)
Floating lid: no
Lid pockets: two (external and internal)
Key clip: yes (in top pocket)
Emergency whistle: yes (on sternum strap)
Compression straps: two on each side with side-release buckles; single side-release buckle on internal throat
Attachment points: ice axes, keys, mat, poles, skis, stakes
Add-ons: hipbelt pocket, pack inserts, trash & treasure
EXACT FIT MID HARNESS
The EXACT FIT Mid is a lightweight harness that offers serious support, with a Goldilocks carrying capability of between 5 and 20 kilograms. It’s available in fits for both males and females across three sizes, with interchangeable hipbelts and shoulder straps allowing a personalised fit. The EXACT FIT Mid is the harness of choice for overnight trips and lightweight adventures
A good harness is the foundation of every rucksack: when you load up and head off you’ll agree! Our laminated three-layer foam delivers solid support, plush comfort and a breathable contact area, with protective treatment against bacteria and rot. Our hardened aluminium frames are hand-bent, strong and light for efficiently transferring load to the lumbar pad, with channelling to increase rigidity. The double-back hipbelt contours to your body, providing support and easy fit.
DON'T SWEAT IT
We’ve combined practical understanding of bushwalking and clever design to maximise ventilation and manage moisture. There are three essential contact areas on our harnesses – both shoulders and the lower lumbar – to allow healthy carrying. Air mesh lets air flow through harness foams, while space around the spine increases natural ventilation. The secure fit allows uninhibited movement of non-contact areas, improving harness comfort when walking and scrambling. Don’t sweat it.
When rucksack weight is a priority, we use Diamondloc. Weighing a paltry 170 g/m2, this 210-denier nylon reinforced with a grid of UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) has an outstanding strength to weight ratio, incredible tear resistance and stops puncture rips in their tracks. Diamondloc is finished with a blade-coated polyurethane waterproof coating on the inside and a DWR water-shedding treatment on the outside. Diamondloc is perfect for lighter, faster adventures both on- and off track.
ONE PLANET intentionally design rucksacks that are clean, simple and functional. Optional add-ons give you the power to personalise your set-up with features you want. Add a convenient hipbelt pocket so what you need is at hand: on the right, left or both. Choose the Trash & Treasure to add versatility: this four litre external pocket attaches easily via side compression straps. Build the bag that works for you and save when purchasing as a bundle.
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
We’ve got this game stitched up! Quality threads, twin needles, bar tacks for reinforcement and strength. Non-crack nylon buckles that bend rather than break. Durable, chunky YKK zips. The water-resistant webbing used on load-carrying straps means you won’t be given the slip. We consider every detail, creating big differences in use.
WATER BOTTLE POCKETS
Water is critical, and never far from a bushwalkers’ mind. Our generously-cut bottle pockets are low and handy, making water accessible and putting weight close to your back for ergonomic load carrying. Perfect for bottles of all sizes, they also have a drain hole, preventing your pockets becoming buckets when it’s raining cats and dogs.
MADE IN MELBOURNE
We keep it pretty simple. We take what we’ve learnt over the last 40 years and use it to make the best gear we can for antipodean adventures. ONE PLANET is more than a name: it’s a commitment to making products the right way, from fabric to construction. All rucksack design is done and manufacturing happens in our Melbourne factory.